Sunday, October 28, 2012

Being the Apple That Didn't Fall Far From The Tree

And being really grateful that it didn't! I've decided that once a month I'm going to make a legitimate post about something important and the rest of the month I'll make little posts about little things that I just want to make sure to remember!

So it's now about that time for an actually important post and as I was thinking about what I could do a few topics came to mind. The others I'll maybe hold off on but one idea came to mind at a really random time so that probably means it's the best!

I was at work and talking to a supervisor about the kids and then he asked me to help him move some things around in the office so we went to work and in no time the whole office was in MUCH better shape. As I was rearranging things I realized how much I love my job (although rearranging the office may have made me think that since I couldn't actually DO my job at that time) and what brought me to that opportunity. Well to make a long story short it's having good parents that taught me good values, people skills and how to work.

So this month's post is about my parents

First we'll start with the Patriarch of the Family:


This is poppa Wright. To save on time and not make this a novel, I will pick 2 things about him that are amazing and explain them. 1) Respect 2) Understanding

1) Respect. My dad knows how to treat people well. He knows how to treat PEOPLE well (This is not alluding to how he treats the family pets). What I'm trying to explain is that my dad meets people and gives them a chance to show him who they really are before trying to label them. No matter your background, he's interested in the kind of person you are right then and how hard you've worked to get there. This also goes the other way where if you have an impressive title then my dad is still going to feel the same about you in spite of the title. My dad just respects good solid people because he is one!

2) Understanding. My dad and I think A LOT alike when it comes to problem solving and how people work. Because of this I always knew I could go to my dad, even when I did something dumb and talk it out with him. He could follow my logic and give me expert advice, knowing it would go well with how I think. 




This is mama Wright! The two things about my mom that are at the top of a long list of amazing things would be 1) Charity 2) Caring.

1) Charity- my mom is the most giving person I know. Whenever she sees a void that can be filled she fills it if she can! And if she can't she tries anyway! So many times I have come home and she has slipped me a 20 (with an appropriate "don't tell dad"), knowing I am a poor student always in need of cash. Even when it's something I don't need I end up with games and things "to play with my friends". My mom is just that thoughtful kind of person.

2) Caring- along with that she is constantly looking out for people. If you are under her radar then you have someone who really cares about you always thinking about you. I know this because I'm her daughter but if all the people that she is always worrying about knew how much she was doing behind the scenes for them then she would constantly be bombarded by "thank you"s! My mom is too modest to be in the limelight and she is the best example of quiet but impactful service that I have in my life.

So I have learned a lot from my parents and am SO lucky to have them! Hopefully I can someday successfully emulate all that my parents are but for now I can just be grateful and try my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's A Good Thing I Exist