Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving


As it is Thanksgiving it's of course appropriate that I post something on my blog about the holiday!

A short and not comprehensive list of some things I am grateful for, in no particular order:

  • That yesterday my blog had no pageviews but for some reason today I have 47. Apparently all I really needed was to post a video of a car dance.
  • That today when I was talking to my brother about Thanksgiving he said that it just felt like Sunday because it was pretty much the same thing. A big meal and spending time with family. 
  • That one year ago I got home from my mission in Hungary to find myself shell-shocked and scared out of my mind. I actually had a dream last night that I was back there and while it was a little different because a bad guy was chasing after me it was still great to see the bridges again.
  • That I have a family that makes me laugh and learn constantly. We're a group of very sarcastic people and it just never gets old. That makes it all the more meaningful when we also look out for each other and love each other. 
  • That I have incredible friends that always know what to say. I can't tell you how many times I've needed to hear something or just needed specific company and just the right person pops up. Sometimes I wonder where these people come from. You know who you are. :)
  • I'm grateful for good books that make you realize that the mind is limitless (Can you tell I just finished a great book today? "Life of Pi" is incredible).
  • Good music that expresses exactly what you're feeling or what you would feel if you were a shameless celebrity.
  • I'm grateful for prayers answered and prayers given. 
  • And especially for this adorable fool who thinks she can ingest mashed potatoes through her nose (which, yes, technically she can):



Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's A Good Thing I Exist