Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Surprises

After giving much thought to what this blog is going to mean to me, I've decided that this is going to be my journal for things that I don't find important enough to put in my journal but that I still think are awesome. For instance, one of my favorite things in the world is a good surprise. That look on someone's face when you give them something they weren't expecting but is awesome is just about one of my favorite things in the world. I'm actually in the middle of organizing an AWESOME surprise right now but for obvious reasons won't give too much information out about that just now. I admit, my interest in surprises is a little obsessive, everything that I do I swear I try to figure out how to make it a surprise (going home, giving someone something, finding out a friend is in town and making THEM surprise someone else) I just love it. I will now discuss some of my favorite surprises given and received:

-The first time I came home from college. I walked into my mom's room, she took one look at me and said "JESSIE! ARE YOU SKIPPING CLASSES?!" (I was not)

- When Jordan came back from his mission and I made him come over and surprise Sydnee, Kaylene and Nadine. They had all gone to a Relief Society activity so I called them and told them something really important had arrived. Priceless. He was sitting in a chair right in front of the door when they walked in. I loved it.

- A week before my 20th birthday when Caitlan told me she had a guy she wanted to set me up on a blind date with where we would double. I asked if it would be fun and she said "ehhhh yeah, he just wanted to be set up and I know you handle blind dates well". The night of the date she walked in with her boyfriend and a guy that a few weeks earlier I had told her I thought was "soooooo cute". Zupas and lazer tag completed the night.

- Also my 20th birthday, also Caitlan: My actual day of birth birthday had been a really long day and wasn't at all exciting and ended up being stressful for several reasons. So that night I was talking to Caitlan, whining about my day. A few days later the guy I was interested in (and later dated) called me and asked me out for that weekend. The weekend came, we went on the date and when we came home I opened my door to find my living room full of my friends shimmying towards me to the song "Just Dance". A dance party followed. Caitlan had started organizing this (including the date) the night I told her my birthday had been rough.

So, in summary, I love being surprised and I love giving surprises. There are a several other surprises I have seen and loved but I'll keep the list down to this for now. It's like a mind game, if you can keep this awesome secret right up until the second the other person is supposed to know then you've won!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Those were some good surprises. i think my favorite is that you weren't really looking forward to that date. and then it changed your life. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean!!! I live to surprise people. Maybe one day we will try and surprise eachother at the same time and it will explode into a giant array of surprises!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's A Good Thing I Exist