Saturday, March 6, 2010

Simple Pleasures

The point of today's post is to outline the simple pleasures that are keeping me alive right now. Since I wasn't planning on being in the circumstances in which I find myself, the simple pleasures are becoming more and more important to me.

1) Putting "Fully-Loaded" Lays potato chips in my turkey and cheese sandwiches.

2) Putting an abnormally large amount of face wash around my mouth and blowing bubbles.

3) Writing on someone's Facebook wall with a ridiculous quote they recently said.

4) Doing the dishes and singing. Being under the impression that no one can hear you because the water is running is so liberating. Past roommates, you're welcome.

5) Eating french fries with a fork.

6) Eating things that are supposed to be eaten together seconds apart.
     ex: right now I'm eating apples and cheese but instead of putting the cheese on the apples I take a bite of apple and then a bite of cheese.

7) taking something mildly funny and building on it until it's completely out of control. Anyone who has talked to me about leather sleeves lately knows what I'm talking about.

8) Singing "On the Catwalk" in my head if I'm walking across a room full of people.

9) Guessing what color someone's hair is based on their pants and shoes.

10) Picturing certain real-life situations but how they would be if my life was a tv show. Complete with music and canned laughter.

11) Going to "http://www.dearelder.com/?index.php&inc_name=package_area" and putting the cursor over the "International Packages" thing and then down to "U.S. Packages" and then back up and down. It makes the elder look like he's dancing.

*I reserve the right to add to this as I think of other simple pleasures*

1 comment:

It's A Good Thing I Exist