Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Relating Stuff to Life

So today I went climbing and I have to admit I felt pretty weak. I was tired, hungry and a little overwhelmed but really wanted to get on the wall. So I started with a good 5.9 to get warmed up, something that's usually easy and found myself thinking with every grip "you're going to fall".

But every single time I just put my hand out and pulled myself up. And I didn't fall, not even close. I could push more into the metaphor about how there was also someone belaying me so I couldn't fall but what really hit me was that I was stronger than I thought and as long as I kept going I could get to a place again where I could readjust and then push forward. It's so easy to underestimate your strength.

By the end of the day though, I had inched myself up a 10c with a little overhang so who knows what I'll be able to do when I feel better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's A Good Thing I Exist