Friday, February 1, 2013

One Month into 2013!

Oh my word life is so busy.

But with a bunch of good things!

First work is still going really well. Working on-call is really annoying sometimes but it feels good to go to work and feel like you're on the way to what you want to be. The kids are so funny, though troubled and it's fun to build those relationships. People are so cool and have so many different levels and dimensions and by going and working with troubled youth I get to hear and see the whole spectrum of human emotion.

AND THEN I had a training for a week that took me out of school and my internship for work where I was taught how to take down a resident, should the need arise. It was 40 hours of being thrown around and throwing people around and in the end I was officially certified! I got a certificate and everything!

Then there's the internship: I get to go out with a case worker and meet with the kids in their homes, group homes or wherever they are placed, see how they're doing and talk over options for them in the future. It's amazing the millions of different things that go into youth making something of themselves. And I get to see it! It's been great to learn about what options are available to them. It's really helping me figure out what I what to do in the future.

And then there's school. Which sometimes I forget I'm doing because everything else pulls me away! but thus far I'm doing well so that's good since I'm jussaboutdone!

Well... this was going to turn into an actually interesting post but I am TIRED!

So an update of the actually fun things I've been doing will come soon!

... to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's A Good Thing I Exist