Saturday, March 9, 2013

Concerts!

In my efforts to catch up on my blogging I have neglected to post about an Ed Sheeran concert I went to and then just recently went to a Passion Pit concert... so this post will be about concerts!

So first was Ed Sheeran at the beginning of February and it was awesome! 
Ed was such a fun performer. He's just little guy and was bouncing all over stage it was hilarious. 
He even snuck a little Macklemore in there and in the middle of one of his songs just stopped and was like "Got $20 in my pocket... this is [eff]ing awesome." 
He was a very passionate and entertaining performer, in my opinion.
A 15 minute crazy and riveting version of "You Need Me, I Don't Need You" really blew my mind.

Also of note, these guys opened for him and they were hilarious!

We did have a little debate about if they were saying 
"Down With the Crumpets", 
"Down With the Trumpets" 
"Down With the Strumpets"
or another one I can't remember... the accent was a little hard for us I guess but it is officially 
"Get Down With the Trumpets"

So personally I was very pleased with this concert! 
Not to mention the fact that Ben got me a ticket for my birthday 
(This was months before we started dating so he didn't even HAVE to, what a sweetheart!) 
and I love Ed Sheeran's music so it was pretty fantastic.

Then a little bit ago there was the Passion Pit concert! I have to admit after listening to Passion Pit for a while it all starts to sound the same to me but I thought "It's Passion Pit, they'll put on a good concert" and while it was fun, it wasn't my favorite concert ever. They just didn't really do anything different... didn't really have fun with it. Matt and Freakin' Kim had a good old time but Kim is completely outside her mind!

Seriously I don't know what her deal is but it was pretty obvious her brain has been fried. 
The smile on her face was a little unnatural and unwavering... but Matt was cool and I love his voice.


And then Passion Pit came on and just kind of did their thing. I mean it was good and there were flashing lights and bubble machines and stuff but after a while it was like 

"ok... I get that you can sing high... so if you're not gonna say anything funny I can just go home and listen to your cd... and blow some bubbles..." 

but for the most part it was a good show.




Next on the agenda is Alex Clare who I am expecting big things from! May 1st at The Depot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's A Good Thing I Exist