Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Stadium of FIRE

So Ben invited me to Stadium of Fire and told me Mariah Carey was singing.



and in my head I was like...

I hate Mariah Carey.

But I said yes because it was really nice for him to take me and I was grateful.

Then I found out it was actually Kelly Clarkson and was like...

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeAH!

And she did not disappoint!

And there were a bunch of opening acts like The Strike (pictures in this post may just be of little people on stage but it's a stadium... so that's the best I could do)


And of course this guy jumping out of a plane with the American flag. Just like the founding fathers.


And then there was Cirque du Soleil who are a group of not human crazies who know how to suspend gravity. It was INCREDIBLE to watch! They could actually fly.


Next was the call-me-maybe girl 


 Here's how that kind of went down:


 She performed a couple of songs that I had never heard of and while I'm sure she's very talented and Canadian I just wasn't feeling the magic. Grumpy Cat is pretty good at showing how I felt.


 And then she finally did Call Me Maybe and I transformed into this extremely ductile mass of human being, pounded into some incredible dance moves (If I do say so myself) by one of the most annoying songs known to man if played more than once. But she only sang it once so we danced and sang along!


And then Kelly Clarkson came out and did an amazing job! It was beautiful! 
Basically the only surviving American Idol star and she is still going strong!

Then the fireworks!




Throughout the fireworks show there were commentaries given on the progress of the United States and inspiring footage played of significant events that brought us to where we are today. It was moving and a great reminder that America always stands for freedom and progress!












2 comments:

  1. Cousin, Cousin, Cousin! You are hilarious :) I love that you have a blog!

    Miss you and Love you! I hope we get together asap!

    ReplyDelete

It's A Good Thing I Exist