Friday, September 6, 2013

I have nothing to write about

Day 2 and I'm out of ideas...

Ummmm I woke up this morning and went to work at Slate Canyon. Then Ben and I were going to get some Indian food but I'm saving up for too many things and am flat broke... so he made Indian food instead!

I got a little more organized for my other job and then had an appointment for my other job. I went out to a home where there were 5 kids in the home 2 who had been foster kids and were then adopted and then 3 who have been there since June and they are planning to adopt them as well. And all of these kids had CRAZY amounts of energy! At one point the littlest (a 2 year old in a pink dress) grabbed my face and said "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" it was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. She later broke my state ID badge but it was ok because the second it broke she said "Sorry! sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry!"

She was adorable.

Oh, wait. I just remembered an interesting thing that happened today that made me think. I was having lunch with some of the girls and another lady that works with me as well as a teacher who works at the center came and joined us. I recently found out that the man is 26 and has 3 kids and I thought that was INSANE since that's a lot of kids for someone that age. I'll be 26 in less than a year and a half and I CANNOT imagine having that many little babies running around. I expressed that to him and commended him on his ability to survive when the women who had also joined told me that she's 23 and has 2 kids.

The conversation could have ended here and I would have been amazed but then she told me that she's in the middle of getting a divorce. She started talking about how the 2 year old doesn't really understand but her 5 year old can definitely tell that things are changing and that seeing dad is no longer an everyday, although regular, occurrence.

I felt really sad for her and her kids. I mean, what else do you feel? Then the man who had joined us piped in and shared that he's been married for 6 years but the past year has been extremely challenging. For him the problem was that both their families has an assortment of LDS, non-active LDS and christian fundamentalist. His wife is a fundamentalist and he is actually not religious. I asked if it was really hard having different religious beliefs and he said yes ESPECIALLY since he was a few years into the marriage before he decided to let go of religion. Again, what do you feel but sadness?

Honestly, i don't know how I feel. I have an idea in my head of what I want my marriage to be like. Strong but allowed to struggle, giving but receiving, push but pull but to be honest the way I feel I want my marriage to be has only really solidified in any sense over the past few months. I'm 24! I will not judge, I will not be so bold as to make assumptions about something that I don't understand but I have to admit, I'm glad I've had time to figure myself out before marriage. It's an on going process that hopefully never ends but there are certain characteristics, habits and beliefs that I am glad I learned about myself before asking someone to sign up for the ride!

So I guess that is enough unorganized rant for today! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's A Good Thing I Exist