Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How I Met Your Mother


These are my friends Marshall, Lily, Ted, Robin and Barney.


Each of these friends are great in different ways:
Marshall: Reminds me that I want someone who will always be on my team.
Lily: Shows me that people are supposed to be nice to each other no matter what. Unless they make you mad.
Ted: Wearing your heart on your sleeve actually isn't a bad trait.
Robin: Doing things your way isn't always selfish.

But Barney, Barney is the real gem. True: Barney is the least respectable, least ethical and least emotionally accurate character on the show BUT he's hilarious. AND he's trademarked a phrase that goes something like this: "When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story" and I'm coming to realize the ingenuity of that remark. When I feel like I'm too weak for something, too dumb to make a decision or too cowardly to do what I know is right I stop being weak, dumb and cowardly and be awesome instead! Since I've realized this I can't do anything but be awesome! Life is too short to become anything else. Heavenly Father is awesome so if we want to be like Him then I guess we also want to be awesome. Yesterday it was so funny because he didn't want to admit that he was sick so when he sneezed and blew his nose he said "My nose was just overflowing with awesome and I had to get some of it out!" and I laughed and laughed because I realized this is applicable to every part of life. Say you trip:

"Sorry, I had an over abundance of awesome and stumbled over it"

or you mess up what you're saying:

"Sorry my brain sometimes has a hard time processing all of my awesomeness at once"

I think if everyone could appropriately adopt this then we would all be so much happier because we would all be able to recognize our awesomeness without question. I feel like I hear too often about people who are in stressful situations (I, as a human being, can relate) and there seems to be a trend where it comes down to someone doubting their capabilties. Doubt no more my friends and...

SUIT UP!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE BARNEY!!!!

    I live by that quote.

    BTW, did you know that in real life he is gay? I think that makes it even funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, that makes me want to watch it again, but alas, i have so much awesomeness that it intimidates my friend jessie and she won't invite me over anymore. there is some good advice there though, i love it

    ReplyDelete

It's A Good Thing I Exist