Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'm a Real Mormon Now!

So Brian decided that we needed to go see the lights on Temple Square. I was like

"I've never been down there to see them."

And then we concluded that I am a bad Mormon for never having seen them.

So it was hilarious running around Temple Square, I think I'll just post the pictures and funny quotes from throughout the night. ENJOY!


 I throw snow in Brian's mouth
Brian: Ewww grossssssss! That's so gross!
*literally 1 minutes later*
Crunch Crunch Crunch
Me: Brian, are you eating the snow?
Brian: ... Yeah...
Me: You just said that was gross!
Brian: Well, yeah, it is. Here open your mouth!

P.S. that picture -> is supposed to be of the angel at Christ's birth....

 So first we eat at Little America and it was DELICIOUS! The funny thing was that the waitress comes over and basically asks me what we want and every time she comes back she addresses me instead of Brian. Brian was complaining to me about how I'm like commanding her to acknowledge me with my presence and I'm like "That doesn't make any sense, I am not!" and then she comes over with the check and puts it right next to me!!! I was willing to ignore it but as soon as she walked away Brian says "WHY? WHY would she do that?!" Admittedly I still can't explain that one...

Me: Oh my word my boots have no traction I could just slide around.

*silence*

Me: You should push me.

Brian: *sigh* ok.

 Me: Ok I totally know how to get back! We uhhh get on the tram...

Brian: Ummm yes.

Me: It's intuition. This thing you get as a woman.

Brian: Yeah ok, but you're going over to the wrong tram... we need to get on the other one.

*silence*

Brian: Good thing I have man's intuition!

Brian: Well ok, so it's snowing. Are you still good for going to the lights.
Jessie: Yeah, I'm fine.
Brian: Are you sure? ... It's not indoors.
Jessie: Wait the lights on Temple Square is not an indoor event?
Brian: No, so if that won't work I could tie you up and leave you in the woods, what'dya think?
Jessie: (quietly) ummm no I'm good with the lights.
*Later in the night*
Brian: Well I still haven't tied you up so that's still an option...


We ran into Andrew Bird (who's getting married in like a week)

Brian: Oh hey, thanks for the invite. NOT!

Andrew: Dude, wanna come?



Brian: I get this feeling we should kiss.

Me: Sometimes I get this feeling I should do crystal meth but then I think 'ehhhh better not'

*silence*

Me: Unless it was the Spirit...






Look we found the Hungarian one!!!





Looking at (and listening to) a choir that was singing in the main building...
Brian: Ok, which boy is cutest?
Me: Brian, they're a high school choir. They're like 15! And none of them are that cute.
Brian: Wow, that's harsh!
Jessie: Well you find one!
Brian: Ok... oh wow no you're right....



At the Christus:

Brian: Ok Jessie, no making jokes right now.

Jessie: Ok.

Brian: Oh my gosh, that kid just fell in the plants around the Christus!

 So the picture above won't rotate but I think you can figure out how it's supposed to be and the one to the side was taken by a really nice, slightly crazy man who was missing some teeth. The one below really sets the tone of the night

Me: look, everything's so nice and spiritual. Like me.

Brian: Look what I can make with my hand!

It's hard being so spiritually advanced sometime.

Ok maybe that's not exactly how it was...
So as you can see from some of the pictures, there were nativities from all around the world. Brian walked up to this sign and started cleaning it off saying:

"I wonder where this one is from. 'Please enjoy nativities from the...' oh"

And then a woman came up who looked like she could have been from where the nativity was from and we decided that she was from 'the sidewalk'

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's A Good Thing I Exist